Wednesday, March 27, 2013

CELERIAC REMOULADE

This on a menu, with a few thin slices of proper jamon, makes me squeal with glee. If there were space, I'd make a vat-load to fill jars for every corner of the fridge, and dip in and out when I pleased.

Celeriac remoulade wins for its true rooty flavour; no ingredient is lost even though tossed through buckets of spicy mustard and soused in tart lemon juice. It's a frugal combination and is easy to make. It is bed-friend to my favourite things: slather it on good bread; spoon it into a jacket potato and eat with baked beans (yes); gobble fork-free with piggy bits.  


CELERIAC REMOULADE


Serves 4-6
1 x 500g celeriac, peeled
olive oil, to drizzle
3 tbsp creme fraiche
1 tbsp grainy mustard
3 tbsp dijon mustard
juice of a lemon
freshly chopped parsley leaves, to serve

Coarsely grate the celeriac into a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
In another bowl, mix the creme fraiche with the mustards then stir through the lemon juice. Taste then season with salt and pepper as you see fit. Mix through the celeriac and, just as you are about to serve, toss with the chopped parsley.
Serve a handful on salty jamon and drizzle with a little olive oil.

1 comment:

  1. I love this, I haven't made it for years but it is so good. I remember my husband ordering it once in a restaurant with some bayonne ham I think and I just stared at his plate hoping to share..... Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete